Want to Pick the Best Unit For a New Condo Launch?
When a new condo project comes on the market it’s certainly an exciting time. There are more features than you know what to do with, and everything is brand new. But how do you separate the good from the great? Let’s take a look at everything you need to know.
1.Have you looked at the view?It’s common for the showflat to be somewhere else, so make sure you know what your view will look like before you commit. If you want an unobstructed view then expect to pay extra, as well as if you want it facing in one of the more desirable directions. The view is one of the few things you can never change, so make sure you don’t skip this step.
2. What floor do you want to be on?If you want to get away from the noise of the street then going up high and basking in the sunshine might seem like the sensible thing to do. Just bear in mind that you’ll have further to go if you need to move bulky or heavy items that cannot go into a lift. Perhaps give some thought to striking a balance by opting for a mid-level condo instead.
3. Where is it located?Consider whether you want to be close to gates and drop off points, or if you want to be insulated from the perimeter of the development. This one really is a personal choice, so take the time to walk the development and explore the plans if possible.
4. Do you know what to stay away from?If there’s communal garbage storage, a BBQ pit, or a children’s playground onsite then you can expect these to be some of the main sources of noise. Make sure you are well away from them if you’re someone who enjoys a quiet life.
5. Can you make optimal use of your space?Think about the way the interior designer has utilised your space. It will have such an impact on your day-to-day life that it’s really important you know you’re going to be able to make maximum use of it.
6. How many units are there on each floor?The denser the units are packed the greater the chances of late night and early morning waits for your fellow commuters to stop riding the lift. If these are your common complaints, take a little time to assess things.
7. How about the neighbourhood?Walking the surrounding neighbourhood will really help you get a feel for your new home. You’ll be venturing out into it more than you think, so make sure you feel comfortable and have quick and easy access to all the amenities you need.
8. Do you know about west facing units?They catch the early afternoon sun which can make them hotter than other properties on the development. If it’s going to be an issue for you, take some time to have a closer look at the other units on offer.
9. How high quality are the fixtures and fittings?Remember you’re not just buying the floorspace — you’re buying everything inside too. Make sure you’re happy with the overall build quality and the aesthetics so that you know you’ll feel at home from the moment you put your key in the door.
10. Does your unit have character?Finding a unit that’s unique for all the right reasons because it has plenty of character is a great way to safeguard your initial investment. It’ll make it so much easier to sell or rent out when the time comes to move on to the next chapter in your life.
Point to NOTE:
It’s also important to note that within any given project, there are units which can prove significantly more profitable than the average rate of return seen across the project.
Check out our consultation services.
Ready to take action ?
Let me fulfill your dreams with the RIGHT approach!